Growing greens in containers
How to grow greens in containers.
Many variety of seeds can be grown in pots or containers on your deck or patio. My favorites for this type of planting are, mache, turnip greens an Siberian Kale. They produce an abundance of greens for months. They also look nice on the deck.
Mache (corn salad)
Siberian Kale in a 5 gallon pot
Turnip green in a 5 gallon pot
Here is an example of mixing the greens. In the center is 1 turnip plant. Surrounding it is mache and purslane. This will prove a nice variety of nutritious greens
we prefer 5 gallon pots (about 15" in diameter). Clay pots are nice but heavy and prone to cracking in the winter. They now have some really nice resin
and plastic pots that last just about forever. In the garden area we use the inexpensive black nursery pots.
We have also put a seed package together It contain one packet each of the following: mache, Siberian Kale and turnip greens. Its only $9.95 for 600 seeds with free shipping.
- TNT Total Nutrition for Tortoises...
- Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix 1 lb...
- Dandelion (organic) Taraxacum...
- Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix 1/2 lb...
- Russian Tortoise Seed Mix 1/2 lb...
- Flower mix 2oz Free Shipping! USA...
- Russian Tortoise Seed Mix 1 lb...
- Plantain Plantago major (Giant...
- Broadleaf mix 1/4 lb Free...